Updated: Apr 15, 2020
Here are three vital ways moms can guide them with a positive MIDDLE school experience...
1. SAFE-GUARD THEM AGAINST ISOLATION, SECRECY AND DEPRESSION.
• A 2018 CIGNA health study showed that kids in “Generation Z” were well over 10% more lonely than even the elderly population.This is a media-savvy, tech-connected bunch whose social connections (or lack thereof) are magnified daily through their smart-phones, in ways never before possible. And early results are showing there’s a cost--U.S. teen suicide rates are soaring higher than ever--even affecting Christian homes.
2. TEACH THEM TO CHOOSE THEIR FRIENDS WISELY.
• After moms, their FRIENDS counted as the next greatest voice of influence—even edging out moms when it comes to texting and calling. (TEXTS: 69% mothers vs. 73% friendships) and CALLS (61% vs. 71%). With so much riding on the company they keep, this is the time to help them choose wisely a friend group that will offer a few key relationships to help them weather adolescence, driving, proms and dates. Teach them to value solid friendships who influence one another positively.
3. SHOW THEM HOW TO FIND, CULTIVATE AND COMMIT TO “COMMUNITY LIFE.”
* A Campus Renewal study last year found that 70 percent of teens from Christian homes attending college walk away from their faith. It’s a repeating problem: College-bound kids leave home unprepared for campus life, disconnected from their usual community and vulnerable to secular influences.
MIDDLE SCHOOL IS THE RIGHT TIME to initiate meaningful discussions that deter them from falling away, and anchor them throughout their life.
IMAGINE how they'll be... 10 years from now....
HOW MUCH IMPACT CAN YOUR CHOICE OF MIDDLE SCHOOL MAKE ON THEM?
Listen to these recent college grads talk about their foundational middle school years at LOMSAA...
Prepare them for LIFE--in high school, college and beyond!
It's clear that successful college-bound high-schoolers... are MADE in MIDDLE school.
Are you doing all you can to prepare your student internally for success?
READY THEM FOR THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!